Learn these 5 types of treatment in Ayurveda; know more about Panchkarma.
What is Panchkarma?
- Virechan means diarrhea by medication,
- Basti means Ayurvedic enema,
- Nasal means nasal spraying and
- Hemorrhage is the act of removing bad blood in a blood transfusion
- These are the main five actions. And these five are known as Panchkarma.
Five Basic Shodanas: Cleansing Methods
- Vamana: therapeutic vomiting or emesis
- Virechan: purgation
- Basti: enema
- Nasya: elimination of toxins through the nose
- Rakta Moksha: detoxification of the blood
|Vamana: Emesis Therapy|
|Virechan: Purgation Therapy|
|Basti: Enema Therapy|
|Nasya: Nasal Administration|